A little love

Monday, February 4, 2013




Dear friends,

Happy rather belated new year!

How have you been? It feels like it’s been too long since I sat down and paid attention to this blog. Somehow other things just kept getting in the way. Last year I managed about 32 blog-posts. The year before I produced 102. That’s an almost 70% reduction in productivity levels!  Feeling demotivated, I’d even come close to pulling the plug a couple of times but Mr. Kitchen Hand stopped me (smart man). He knows how much I still enjoy “escaping” into this little world no matter how infrequent. He sees the buzz I get from interacting with all of you, my dear readers.

So here I am. Again.

But this time, I’m going to be kind to myself. I won’t stress if I don’t post as often as I think I should. I won’t stress when I miss Malaysian Monday deadlines (which are totally self imposed anyway). Instead, I will come here because I want to. Because I enjoy it. This year, I want to fall in love with my blog all over again. And if you visit, I hope you find a little love here too.

Speaking of love, I’d like to share some scenes from our trip home at the end of last year. Sydney in summertime (when the weather cooperates) is pretty hard to beat. We caught up with friends and family, ate at some new places and had a generally awesome time. It has been a bit difficult getting back into routine here in Singapore but whenever I need a lift, these photos do the trick.



Our local beach had been visited by guerilla knitters.


We spent an afternoon at Palm Beach, catching up with friends over a long leisurely lunch at The Boathouse. Great food, wonderful conversation and views. It was a magical afternoon.





Fish and Chips



 Seafood platter (more than enough for 2 to share)




 After lunch, we headed over to the The Cook's Larder in Avalon, where I met this gluten free pistachio, fig and chocolate cake. It was so rich I took half of it home and had to share that with Mr. Kitchen Hand. If anyone knows the recipe for this, I would be in your debt!




And of course, we couldn't leave without a macaron or three

Actually, my photos don’t really do justice to the beauty of our favourite patch of Sydney. If you want to see some truly amazing photos, have a look at this blog/ website . We were lucky enough to have some photos taken by my friend’s husband Stephen. Go check out his photos and be awed by his talent.

Take care and see you all real soon.

x
Shaz

7 comments:

Hungry Dog said...

Dear shaz, I feel we are living parallel lives across the planet! Over the last month I almost shut my blog down so many times--felt disinterested and over it--but the huz kept saying, "Just keep it, but don't stress about it. Post when you want." Wise men, huh? Anyway, glad you have not disappeared from the blogosphere, I love your blog. The pictures from your vacay have me pining for a trip to Sydney!

Marcellina said...

Glad to see you are still at it! But I must have missed something - you live in Singapore now? I really did dissappeared from the blogosphere for some time!

grace said...

miss you, shaz! lovely pictures--that pistachio-fig cake looks AWESOME!

Charmaine said...

Glad you listened to hubs and kept the blog. I was heading that way too about closing. Life's too busy with work and family, hence the lack of motivation to write posts. Glad the weather was good when you were in Sydney. You missed the over 40C days in Jan.

Lora said...

Nice to see you back. Lovely pictures!

Fiona Reilly said...

Nice to have you back Shaz! Just like an old friend you only see now and again but whose company you always enjoy, I'll always be glad to see your posts. Whenever they appear.

shaz said...

Thank you all.

Marcellina, we moved to Singapore in April due to my husband's work.